Saturday, May 3, 2014

Chocolate Hazelnut Caramel Slice

Over the past few weeks I have been introduced into the most mouth-watering, crave-worthy cafe here in Auckland called Little and Friday. So after much anticipation, we made our way down the backstreets of Newmarket to find the little hole in the wall beauty that was Little and Friday. It is quite unique in the sense that their little cafe is located inside a fabric store which gives it a bit of a homey feel. Mom and I ordered our cappuccino and just had to try the orange almond rosewater cake...my god...that was the most delicious thing I have ever put in my mouth. How could one little bite of cake be that gobsmackingly good? Well without further question, it was that good. So we just had to get both of the cookbooks so I could attempt to make those perfect little creations myself.

So after sitting down and marking everything that I could possibly want to make, I decided to make the caramel slice. It was a chocolate base with creamy caramel filling, studded with roasted hazelnuts and smothered in chocolate ganache. What more could you want from a caramel slice? This was the perfect caramel slice and my new recipe! I can't wait to try making the chocolate cake today! :)

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable! These were soooooo good, each layer perfect decadence..... Best slice ever

    ReplyDelete