Friday, April 18, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies



This morning I woke up to the loud claps of thunder ringing around the lake followed by and endless amount of rain. So I decided to spend my afternoon attempting to make homemade hot cross buns...lets just say they ended up like beautiful little mounds of glazed, uncooked, dough balls. NOT the puffy, chewy and cinnamony ones that you buy in every bakery and grocery store at the moment. So they ended up being binned. Might try making some more tomorrow (Easter Sunday).

So by the end of the night, I realised that I needed to lift my spirits a bit and made my fool-proof recipe of chocolate chip cookies. I left the dough in the fridge to rest overnight and set about reading The Fault in Our Stars (I ended up in tears and had to put it down for the night, too many emotions for little me).

So when I woke up in the morning, I popped them in the oven and when they were finished, I went for a sail on the boat with my brother, Oscar. They turned out just the way they always do, soft and chewy, warm and gooey. The epitome of the classic American chocolate chip cookie.




Cheese and herb scones my Nana made

No comments:

Post a Comment