Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter Cupcakes

My school tutor group (a group of mixed year levels that gets together a few times a week) decided to have a shared morning tea on the last day of term one today. I am tutor group leader, so I decided to make Easter cupcakes. I will bring a few of the leftovers down to my nana and pop this weekend too :)

I woke up at 3am yesterday morning and decided that I would be a bit ambitious and make two different types of cupcakes to bring. After contemplating and having an internal debate about what flavours to make, I decided (with the help of my wonderful Mom) to make chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel filling and salted caramel Swiss meringue buttercream and coconut cupcakes with lemon curd filling and lemon Swiss meringue buttercream. Wow that’s a mouthful to say!

To top the cupcakes I decided to make fondant bunny and egg cut-outs that I hand painted with gel food colouring. 

Coconut Cake with Lemon Curd Filling and Lemon Swiss Meringue Buttercream Topped with Toasted Coconut

Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Filling
Salted Caramel Filling





No comments:

Post a Comment