Friday, March 28, 2014

Salted Caramel Cake


So I was told about a cake competition that required me to make a celebration cake and take a picture of it. Easy enough, right? So I thought, well I might as well give it a shot as I have nothing to lose. After much contemplation about what kind of cake I should make that would be the most visually appealing considering it was a photo competition only. I came to the conclusion that I should turn my signature salted caramel cupcake into a full sized cake. So I did...

It is a brown sugar cake, filled with salted caramel and chocolate ganache, vanilla bean buttercream and smothered in salted caramel sauce and fleur de sel. Oh and did I mention it is 100% homemade?

This was the end result...







4 comments:

  1. I was just about to comment that you must enter this cake into our competition but maybe you already are....
    Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen! Yes, I plan on submitting it this week :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, amazing cake! Very impressed with your skills, I came across your blog at Foodlovers. Would love to see your recipe for Carmelitas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody, I have added the recipe under the photos of the caramelitas. Hope you enjoy them! :)

      Delete