Saturday, March 29, 2014

Miscellaneous Baking Adventures

These are a few of my baking adventures before I started this blog. They are a few different cupcakes I have made semi-recently.

The first is a S'mores cupcake. Just like a s'more you eat while sitting around the campfire on a summers evening, burning your eyes with smoke, but never the less loving the s'more. I have tried this recipe a few times, and I have had different results. Because I live in NZ it is hard to buy graham crackers (VERY AMERICAN) and so I had to use malt biscuits instead, which wasn't quite the same. It is a chocolate buttermilk cake, with malt biscuit crust, covered in chocolate ganache and italian meringue.


The second cupcake is my take on a salted caramel cake. It is one of my staples and a go-to recipe for me. So many people are always amazed with this cupcake--a showstopper for sure. This is my signature cupcake. It is a brown sugar cake, filled with salted caramel, vanilla bean buttercream, drizzled with salted caramel and chocolate ganache, sprinkled with fleur de sel and hard-crack sugar.  


No comments:

Post a Comment